Thursday, January 7, 2010

3D Poinsettia



I cut out 12 layers of the poinsettia from Winter Woodland (always want to call it Winter Wonderland). I cut the 1st at 6" in green for the leaves then I cut 11 poinsettia's using the shift key starting at 6" going down to 1" by 1/2" increments. I didn't have my cuttlebug at the time so I hand did the embossing using my Fiskar's folder (that took forever!!!). I colored in the embossed area with a red gelly roll gell pen. Then the last step was putting one layer on top of the other using pop dots in between each one for the 3D look, I layered them not right on top of each other but turned each one so that way it had a better flowered/3D look to it. I will be doing this again but this time with better quality pop dots since the ones I used aren't that great & I have a cuttlebug this time so it won't take forever to get them embossed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails