I am finally done! I purchased the I-Rock a couple weeks ago & they were out of the clear rhinestones. I looked at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, & Joanns...then as I was walking through one of the isles I saw the iron-on images & thought it's pretty much the same thing....right?!? Well I purchased 2 of these...
I took the rhinestones off the sticky clear plastic sheet & started to seperate them into piles. This is what it looked like after I was done counting out 17 piles & each one included 31 rhinestones. Even after using 527 rhinestones I still have all those that you see on the bottom right corner for other projects. I personally haven't tried the kind that I've seen shown online in projects but I think that this method works great & it's cheaper!
I had 2 little helpers...well they didn't "help" much, they just laid there looking cute & sniffing everything that came within their reach. This lil guy is Romeo, Sadie was being camera shy & jumped down, you can see her lil rear under the table. (sorry for the jammie pic, I do most of my crafting at night)
And now back to the invitations...here is what the front looks like:
This is a view of the inside:
Here is a pic of all but 1 of the invitations done, after I finished the last there was 17 total:
After putting each of them into an envelope here is how I wrapped them to give to the mother-to-be to mail or hand out whichever she prefers:
For the making of these I used Paper Doll Dress Up (frog) & Lyrical Letters (font). I used my gypsy to weld all the letters together & throw everything together that needed to be cut. I used Old Olive & Very Vanilla from Stampin Up! for the colors. I ran the Very Vanilla through my cuttlebug using the Spots & Dots folder. The ribbon I picked up from Walmart, it goes well with the Old Olive. I used my snail adhesive to adhere the ribbon to the embossed cardstock & then used the I-Rock & set 3 rhinestones (not counted in the piles above, lol) to the right of where my little frog is. I used some dimensionals to pop the frog up & did some faux stitching on them to give them a little more something. The front still looked a little to plain so I grabbed my Zig 2 Way glue pen & used that on the "your invited" & put some fine glitter I had in my craft room on it. After it dried I ran them through my Xyron & adhered them to the front of the invitation. On the inside is where the 17 piles of 31 rhinestones come into play...it just looked to plain so I had to bling it up. I ran all the words through my Xyron & after doing that is when I used the I-Rock to adhere the gems. I took a pencil & drew very faint lines to give me a straight line to write on when I put the info down (almost forgot to take pics before I had written down all the info..eek!). After getting all the info written down using my Old Olive Stampin Write Marker I just erased the lines & you'd never know that they were there...unless of course your reading this, then yes you now know, lol. Here is a list of everything used (although I think I pretty much covered already but just in case):
Paper Doll Dress Up for the frog & it was cut @ 3.05" x 8.00"
Lyrical Letters for the font, I used the Jumbo & used all caps. Cut @ 1" for Baby Shower & all other words were cut @ .55"
Old Olive Cardstock & Stampin Write Marker - Stampin Up!
Very Vanilla Cartstock - Stampin Up!
Ribbon - Walmart
I-Rock & rhinestones
Zig 2 Way glue pen
I really hope you enjoyed today's post, I think they turned out quite cute if I don't say so myself =) Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day =)